Pumpin Pals are angled breast pump flanges that have a unique curve and tapered tunnel that allows a pumping mom to sit up in a more upright position while pumping, and may offer more comfort for nipples while pumping. Pumpin Pals can be used with most breast pumps. The silicone Pumpin Pals (available in XS or Small) with Elast+Assist Technology™ (EAT), help improve milk flow for moms with elastic breast tissue and improve pain and nipples cracks.
This flange set is meant for Medela, Lansinoh, and Hygeia breast pumps. An adapter can be purchased to use these specific breast shields with Spectra, Ameda and Motif.
Pumpin Pals Features and Benefits
- Eliminates constriction of milk ducts caused by traditional flanges.
- Promotes better flow and reduces irritation to the nipple area.
- Helps users to sit back in a more comfortable, natural position while pumping.
- The Small and X-Small Silicone flanges, with Elast+Assist Technology™ (EAT), help improve milk flow for moms with elastic breast tissue.
- Can be used with hands-free systems for the ultimate in relaxed and productive pumping.
- Especially effective for new moms and C-section moms.
- Aids in the prevention of mastitis and other breast infections caused by plugged ducts.
- Three sizes are included with the Pumpin’ Pal set, so you are sure to get the right size. As your body changes you may find more than one size will work best for you at different times.
- Pumpin’ Pal shields work with Medela connectors, Lansinoh connectors, and Hygeia connectors. Spectra pump users purchase the sets for Spectra that include a pair of Spectra adapters
- Bisphenol A (BPA) Free. Medium, Large and XLarge are made with Medical Grade Polypropylene. Small and X-Small made with BPA Free Silicone
Pumpin Pals Flange Sizing
Generally if you use the most common size flange (24 or 25mm) you would choose a size Medium in Pumpin Pals. If you suspect you have elastic nipples (your nipples stretch to the back of the flange or swell to fit any size flange, purchase the Small set)
It is difficult for a mom to guess which size will work best for her. Pumpin Pal shields work completely different than standard breast pump shields. The Pumpin Pal Super Shields are tapered, so along with size of the breast and nipple, alot also depends on the elasticity of a mom’s breast tissue, which is hard to measure. We have moms that use different sizes at different times of the day…..we have moms that have changed from one size to the next to the next as their body changes over time after delivery…..and we have moms that can only use one size. We/You won’t know which size is best until you try them and compare.