One of the most common questions we see about car seats is how to remove a cover! Kid’s are no strangers to accidents in their car seats from spilling, car sickness and more.
Removing the Car Seat Cover on a Diono 3QXT
Be sure to remove your car seat from your vehicle before attempting to remove the cover. Also remove the Infant Insert and side impact protection pillow.
- Remove the harness straps from the harness hook at the rear of the car seat. Pull them out through the front of the car seat.
- Remove the headrest cover by pulling on tabs located at the center of the headrest along both the top and the bottom. Remove fabric from the channel along top and sides. Then remove elastic loops from hooks on the bottom of the headrest.
- Pull the edges of the car seat cover out from the channel along the top and sides of the car seat.
- Push the headrest down to the lowest setting and gently pull up on the flap of the seat cover to detach plastic fasteners.
- Unhook loops from the seat shell.
- Pull headrest up to highest point and gently pull the cover from behind the headrest.
- Remove the elastic strap from the hook on the left and right sides of the car seat.
- Remove tabs from slots on the bottom front of the seat
- Remove buckle from memory foam cushion and seat cover bottom and pull the seat cover free!
Installing the Car Seat Cover on a Diono 3QXT
- Place the seat cover over the side wings and insert seat cover tabs into the slots on the bottom front of the seat.
- Guide the buckle through the seat cover bottom and memory foam cushion. Thread harness through the seat cover.
- Place the seat cover around the headrest against the sides of the seat. Slide the headrest to the highest position and guide seat cover behind it.
- Lower the headrest into the lowest position while keeping the seat cover flat behind it. Reach behind the headrest and attach elastic loops into hooks in the seat shell.
- Place the top flap of the cover down and push plastic fasteners through button holes into the hole in the seat shell.
- Stretch elastic strap and loop onto hooks on the left and right sides of the seat.
- Tuck cover into the channel along sides and the top of the seat working from the bottom of the seat up.
- Thread elastic loops on headrest cover into hooks along the bottom of the headrest.
- Place plastic tabs into bottom and top of the headrest between the plastic and memory foam. Tuck headrest cover into channel along sides of the headrest.
- Thread the harness through the seat back and re-attach the harness to the metal harness hook, starting with the left strap. Make sure the harness straps lay flat and are not twisted.